The department runs short intensive IELTS courses for students who will take the exam within the next month, and also English for IELTS courses for students who need more time to prepare.
English for IELTS courses aim to introduce students to the IELTS exam and prepare them to achieve their potential.
We run two main levels: IELTS Foundation for students whose level is 5.5 and below, and also IELTS Higher for students whose level is 6.0 and above.
The course aims to:
Explain the different parts of the exam and practise the skills needed
- Improve language skills to communicate effectively in written and spoken English as required in the exam
- Improve your grammar and vocabulary for IELTS
- Develop listening and reading skills as required in the exam
English for IELTS is usually studied part time and can be combined with a general English module to create a full time programme. Advice about the study programme is given during enrolment after the initial assessment.
- Intensive IELTS preparation courses take place at Hammersmith. These courses are flexible in length, ranging between 1 – 12 weeks.
- English for IELTS courses take place in the morning and in the evening, at Ealing and Hammersmith.
- Intensive IELTS courses take place in the morning, afternoon and in the evening at Hammersmith & Fulham College.
IELTS Tips classes are available on Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons. These are four –hour sessions giving a thorough overview of the exam, with advice on how to maximise your score. These take place at Hammersmith & Fulham College.
IELTS Away Days for Schools
The IELTS Test Centre at Ealing, Hammersmith & West London's College has been successfully organising Away Days since April 2010. We are happy to arrange for a test on your premises for your students or employees.
You must have at least 25 candidates taking the test.
If you wish to organise an IELTS test, we need to inspect your premises and make sure that:
- You have an appropriate room for listening, reading and writing parts of the test (there is enough space for all candidates, the sound system, lighting and furniture are suitable)
- There is enough space for the test administrators to register the candidates and check their identification
- There are enough suitable rooms for the speaking exams
- There is a special area designated for the candidates to wait for their speaking exam
- Tests can be organised on the dates set by the British Council for the centre. See test dates
- The test fee is set by the British Council at £155
- There are no additional costs if you want to hold an IELTS test on your premises