Apprenticeships are a great opportunity if you want to progress to a higher qualification, gain work experience and/or follow a vocational route to University or employment. The range of skills and knowledge you achieve will prepare you for whichever future path you choose to pursue. Apprenticeships are available across most industry sectors and are a great way to gain recognised qualifications while working and gaining real workplace experience.
Why become an apprentice?
Listen to what Apprentice Alex has to say...
Studying an Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to:
- Earn while you learn
- Get holiday pay
- Learn on the job
- Benefit from support during training
- Get the skills employers want
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
How does the Apprenticeship programme work?
The programme consists of the following:
- Knowledge element - this is the technical certificate and covers the theory which is delivered when you attend College. These are the skills you will put into practice at work.
- Competence element - this is the practical side of your programme, with targets and checks to guarantee that your employer is supporting you and you are making progress.
- Functional skills - this is the area that covers English, Maths and ICT.
- Transferable skills - these are the skills that help you develop your personal learning and thinking.
What training can I expect to receive?
Apprenticeships are designed with the help of employers to make sure they offer a structured programme that takes you through the skills you need. There are targets and checks to make sure that your employer is supporting you and you are making progress.
As an employee you will be in employment for most of your time as most training takes place on the job. The rest usually takes place at College or a specialist training organisation.
How many hours will I work?
Your employment will be for at least 30 hours per week. There may be a small number of circumstances where the learner cannot complete the full 30 hours. In these cases employment will be for more than 16 hours per week.
Eligibility for Apprenticeships
To be eligible for an apprenticeship you must:
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK/EU for the last three years prior to the enrolment date
- Not be a graduate or qualified at Level 4 or above
- Not hold a vocational qualification in a similar subject area
- Not be participating in any other funded education or training including school or college courses
Subjects on offer at West London College
Adult Care Worker (Level 2)
Lead Adult Care Worker (Level 3)
Leader in Adult Care (Level 5)
Senior Hair Professional (Level 3)
Hair Professional (Level 2)
Assessor Coach (Level 4)
Learning Mentor (Level 3)
Teaching Assistant (Level 3)
Learning and Skills Teacher (Level 5)
Early Year Educator (Level 3)
Business and Professional
Customer Service Practitioner (Level 2)
Customer Service Specialist (Level 3)
Team Leading (Level 2)
Team Leader/Supervisor (Level 3)
Business Admin (Level 2)
Business Administrator (Level 3)
Assistant Accountant (Level 3)
Associate Project Manager (Level 5)
Operations Departmental Manager (Level 5)
Infrastructure Technician (Level 3)
HR Consultant Partner (Level 5)
HR Support (Level 3)
Digital Marketeer (Level 3)
Hospitality & Catering
Hospitality Team Member (Level 3)
Hospitality Supervisor (Level 3)
Commis Chef (Level 2)
Production Chef (Level 2)
Chef de Partie (Level 3)
Construction & Built Environment
Property Maintenance Operative (Level 2)
Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician (Level 3)
Plastering (Level 2)
Plumbing (Level 2)
Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Light Vehicle) (Level 2)
Interior System (Level 2)
Construction Technical (Level 3)
Advanced Carpentry & Joinery (Level 3)
Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Level 3)
Bricklayer (Level 2)
Carpentry and Joinery (Level 3)
Interior systems Operative (Level 2)
Carpentry and Joinery (Level 2)
Plasterer (Level 3)
Plumbing Technician (Level 3)
Facilities Management Operative (Level 2)
Facilities Management Supervisor (Level 3)
Form worker (Level 2)
Groundworker (Level 2)
Construction Assembly Technician (Level 3)
Electrical Electronic Product Service Installation Engineer (Level 3)
Engineering Technician (Level 3)
How to apply
or if you would like more information, call us on 020 8741 1688 or you can register your interest here.