Fees indicated are based on the current year (August 2016 to July 2017) and are subject to change next year.
Our further education courses (Entry to Level 3) are usually free if you are 16-18 years old. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support to help with other costs associated with your course such as course materials and travel.
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees.
If you are enrolling onto a Level 3 or 4 course and are over 19 years of age the fees may be higher and you will be required to take out an Advanced Learning Loan, please see the guide to fees for more information.
International students will be required to pay the full International course fee.
For more information, see our guide to fees.
This one-day Level 3 Unvented Hot Water Systems training course is designed for people who are currently working within the plumbing industry and require formal training to allow them to install and maintain unvented hot water systems. The course covers:
- Installation & Service Procedures
- Water & Building Regulations
- British Standards and other related Legislation
- Pipework (including sizing, installation, defects and faults)
- Testing (working pressures & flow rates)
- Safety Controls
- Commissioning & Servicing
This unvented course is for experienced plumbers and heating engineers. In order to attend this course candidates should meet one of the following criteria:
- 2 years industry experience of heating and hot water systems OR
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualified in heating and hot water systems OR
- Currently registered on a industry registration scheme such as Gas Safe, ACS, OFTEC etc. If you do not hold any formal qualifications, but have industry experience, please contact us to discuss the suitability of this course.
Assessment is by way of a multiple-choice examination and practical tasks.
By undertaking training in Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems, you no longer need to contact your local Building Control Officer to approve your work. You will be recognised as being competent to design, install, service and maintain Unvented Systems and can therefore self-certify your work.
The course is delivered in an interactive way by tutors with a wealth of experience on site at the Acton STEM Centre; taking advantage of our outstanding plumbing and heating facilities.