Fees indicated are based on the current year (August 2016 to July 2017) and are subject to change next year.
Our further education courses (Entry to Level 3) are usually free if you are 16-18 years old. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support to help with other costs associated with your course such as course materials and travel.
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees.
If you are enrolling onto a Level 3 or 4 course and are over 19 years of age the fees may be higher and you will be required to take out an Advanced Learning Loan, please see the guide to fees for more information.
International students will be required to pay the full International course fee.
For more information, see our guide to fees.
This is a bridging course for those who have already achieved the C&G 2330 Level 2 and C&G 2365 Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation and now wish to progress onto the full C&G 2357 NVQ Level 3 Diploma. This is required for registration as an Electrician/Approved Contractor through JIB, NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa etc.
Candidates will attend college for 2-3 days where we will:
- Expand on 2365 knowledge units: 302, 303 & 305 and prepare candidates for the Transfer of knowledge from 2365 Bridging Assignment (Task A)
- Prepare candidates for Professional Discussion: responsibilities and limitations when working with clients, customers, other contractors and site managers (Task B)
Candidates will be provided with further learning resources for them to prepare for the above assignments through self-study.
Once candidates have successfully completed the above bridging units they will then be assigned an assessor who will support them in building their site based portfolio and will assess them on site 2-3 times.
C&G2330 Level 2 & C&G2365 Level 3
Currently be working in the electrical industry covering a wide range of electrical installation work, especially Commercial/Industrial 3 phase installations.
- Successfully completed skill scan that will assess a candidates site based experience and range of electrical installation work currently being carried out..
- Closed book exam 1 hr 30 mins (Task A)
- Professional discussion (Task B)
- C&G2357 performance units. Site based portfolio covering the entire range of electrical installation work and successful assessment on site (2357-311-313, 315-318).
- The AM2 (2357-399) is a 3 day assessment which is also required. Please note it will be up to the candidate to source and fund their own AM2 test.
Upon completion of ALL aspects you will be able to work as a fully qualified electrician.
The course will be delivered via a mixture of:
- Classroom delivery
- Practical assessment