Fees indicated are based on the current year (August 2016 to July 2017) and are subject to change next year.
Our further education courses (Entry to Level 3) are usually free if you are 16-18 years old. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support to help with other costs associated with your course such as course materials and travel.
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees.
If you are enrolling onto a Level 3 or 4 course and are over 19 years of age the fees may be higher and you will be required to take out an Advanced Learning Loan, please see the guide to fees for more information.
International students will be required to pay the full International course fee.
For more information, see our guide to fees.
This is a bridging course for candidates who have already achieved the C&G 2330 Level 2/3 Diploma and now wish to progress onto the full C&G 2357 NVQ Level 3 Diploma. This is required for registration as an Electrician/Approved Contractor through JIB, NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa etc.
Candidates will attend college for up to 1 day per week where we will cover the following unit:
- 602 Understanding environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems.
Candidates will be provided with further learning resources for them to prepare for the assessments for the above unit, through self-study.
Once candidates have successfully completed the above bridging units they will then be assigned an assessor who will support them in building their site based portfolio and will assess them on site 2-3 times.
- C&G2330 Level 2 & 3
- Currently be working in the electrical industry covering a wide range of electrical installation work, especially Commercial/Industrial 3 phase installations.
- Successfully completed skill scan that will assess a candidates site based experience and range of electrical installation work currently being carried out.
- 2357-602 Closed book assignment.
- 2357-102 Closed book on line exam (70 mins).
- C&G 2357 performance units. Site based portfolio covering the entire range of electrical installation work and successful assessment on site (2357-311-313, 315-318).
- The AM2 (2357-399) is a 3 day assessment which is also required, it will be up to the candidate to source and fund their own AM2 test .
Upon completion of ALL aspects you will be able to work as a fully qualified electrician.
The course will be delivered via a mixture of:
- Classroom delivery
- Practical assessment