If you are interested in engineering training, working in electrical engineering or want to study an electronics-related subject at a higher level, this course will prepare you for university and a career in areas such as electrical engineering, electronics, avionics, automotive, telecommunications and mobile communications.
The course consists of 17 units.
Year 1 of the course gives 90 credits , 9 units each with 10 credits. Year 2 of the course -additional 90 credits, 8 units, each unit is worth 10 credits with exception of Engineering project unit worth 20 credits ,giving a total of 180 credits.
The following units are taught:
Core BTEC Units:
- Mathematics for Technicians
- Health and Safety
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
Other units include:
- Electrical Technology
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Electronic Measurement and testing
- Engineering Design
- Construction and Applications of Digital systems
- Engineering Project
- Communications for Technicians
- Electronics fault finding
- Principle and applications of Analogue Electronics
- Further maths