The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills as a beauty therapist to a high level of occupational ability to enable you to provide beauty therapy treatments. The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments is a technical level qualification designed to develop your practical beauty therapy skills such as; face and body electrotherapy and body massage. Within the qualification, you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety, client care and communication, anatomy and physiology, and underpinning knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification.
You will study units such as:
- Health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and Consultation
- Body Analysis
- Swedish Massage Therapy
- Facial electrotherapy treatments
- Body electrotherapy treatments
- Electrical Science
- Mechanical Massage
- Anatomy and Physiology for the face and Body
You will need to purchase textbooks, salon uniform to wear whilst working in salon and an equipment kit to be able to carry out practical treatments. These must be purchased within the first 2 weeks of September or within 2 weeks of enrolling on the course. Uniform must be laundered, well maintained and worn in all practical lessons.
Learners will be required to practice all treatments/services on themselves and each other prior to assessment, to be able to do this learners will have to remove all of their own make-up including false eye lashes, no false nails, no jewellery during practical lessons, this is in order for everyone to gain the relevant practical experience throughout the course.
Dress Code: Nails must be well maintained, short and without nail varnish
- Make up should be natural looking
- Hair must be clean, well-cared for and tidy. If your hair is longer than shoulder length, it will need to be tied up in a bun
- Personal jewellery is not allowed during practical lessons
- Beards and mustache must be neatly groomed and trimmed (stubble is not accepted)