Fees indicated are based on the current year (August 2016 to July 2017) and are subject to change next year.
Our further education courses (Entry to Level 3) are usually free if you are 16-18 years old. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support to help with other costs associated with your course such as course materials and travel.
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees.
If you are enrolling onto a Level 3 or 4 course and are over 19 years of age the fees may be higher and you will be required to take out an Advanced Learning Loan, please see the guide to fees for more information.
International students will be required to pay the full International course fee.
For more information, see our guide to fees.
Full time 3 days a week over 1 year.
The level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Techniques is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; how to provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments, removing hair using waxing techniques, applying make-up, manicure, pedicure and skincare.
You will need to purchase salon wear, equipment and textbooks.
- Health & Safety
- Client Care & Communication
- Provide Manicure Treatment
- Provide Pedicure Treatment
- Apply Makeup
- Provide Eyelash & Eyebrow Treatment
- Provide Facial Skin Care
- Remove Hair using Waxing Techniques
- Salon Reception Duties
- Apply Skin Tanning Techniques
- Provide Nail Art » Create an image based on theme within the hair and beauty sector
2 - 4 GCSEs grade A*- D (preferrably in maths or English) or A recognised Level 1 qualification.
Continual assessment throughout the course Written assignments Written/online tests Practical assessments undertaken on paying clients
The following progression routes are open to you:
Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology Level 3 Diploma in Spa and Body Treatments Employment
- Health and Safety
- Client Care and Communication
- Provide manicure treatment
- Provide pedicure treatment
- Apply makeup
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatment
- Provide facial skin care
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Salon reception duties
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- Provide nail art
- Create an image based on theme within the hair and beauty sector