Fees indicated are based on the current year (August 2016 to July 2017) and are subject to change next year.
Our further education courses (Entry to Level 3) are usually free if you are 16-18 years old. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support to help with other costs associated with your course such as course materials and travel.
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees.
If you are enrolling onto a Level 3 or 4 course and are over 19 years of age the fees may be higher and you will be required to take out an Advanced Learning Loan, please see the guide to fees for more information.
International students will be required to pay the full International course fee.
For more information, see our guide to fees.
The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; the creative art of cutting or dressing women’s hair, how to provide effective shampooing and conditioning services, the artistic skill of colouring and lightening hair and how to provide a good consultation service for your clients.
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your practical skills to a high level of occupational ability to enable you to perform salon services.
2 - 4 GCSEs grade A* - D (preferably including English and Maths), or A recognised Level 1 qualification
You will need to purchase salon wear, Level 2 hairdressing kit, textbooks and a fee towards consumables used on the course.
Continual assessments throughout the course Written assignments Written / online exams Practical assessments undertaken on paying clients
- Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Hairdressing (Trade test may be required during progression interview)
- Employment in a hairdressing salon
- Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Working in the hair industry
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair
- Cut womens hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Display stock to promote sales in a salon
- Promote products and services to clients
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Plaiting and twisting hair