Fees indicated are based on the current academic year (2019/20) and are subject to change next year.
For students under 19
Our courses & apprenticeships are usually free if you are 18 or under on the 31st of August 2019. Some courses have additional fees for things like materials and travel, which you will need to pay at the start of your course. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support for these costs.
For students aged 19 or over
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees. Some courses may be free, depending on your circumstances. Certain Level 3 & 4 courses require you to pay the fee in full or take out an Advanced Learning Loan to pay for your course. Please see our guide to fees for more information.
Students from outside the EU/EEA need to pay the full international fee for their course. Please note, West London College does not offer Tier 4 Visa Sponsorship for students to study in the United Kingdom.
The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; the creative art of cutting or dressing women’s hair, how to provide effective shampooing and conditioning services, the artistic skill of colouring and lightening hair and how to provide a good consultation service for your clients.
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your practical skills to a high level of occupational ability to enable you to perform salon services.
2 - 4 GCSEs grade A* - D (preferably including English and Maths), or A recognised Level 1 qualification
You will need to purchase salon wear, Level 2 hairdressing kit, textbooks and a fee towards consumables used on the course.
Continual assessments throughout the course Written assignments Written / online exams Practical assessments undertaken on paying clients
- Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Hairdressing (Trade test may be required during progression interview)
- Employment in a hairdressing salon
- Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Working in the hair industry
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair
- Cut womens hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Display stock to promote sales in a salon
- Promote products and services to clients
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Plaiting and twisting hair