Fees indicated are based on the current academic year (2018/19) and are subject to change next year.
For students under 19
Our courses & apprenticeships are usually free if you are 18 or under on the 31st of August 2019. Some courses have additional fees for things like materials and travel, which you will need to pay at the start of your course. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support for these costs.
For students aged 19 or over
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees. Some courses may be free, depending on your circumstances. Certain Level 3 & 4 courses require you to pay the fee in full or take out an Advanced Learning Loan to pay for your course. Please see our guide to fees for more information.
Students from outside the EU/EEA need to pay the full international fee for their course. Please note, West London College does not offer Tier 4 Visa Sponsorship for students to study in the United Kingdom.
CIPD programmes are available on a flexible basis designed to meet the needs of a busy professional and run part-time in the evening or weekends. This arrangement incorporates a blended learning element requiring a split between classroom study and independent self-study via a comprehensive virtual learning environment designed and delivered by the CIPD team at West London College.
The CIPD Foundation (Level 3) Human Resource Practice (CHRP) is for you if you are:
- Aspiring to, or embarking on, a career in HR
- Working in the field of HR in a support role, and wish to develop your knowledge and skills
- Have responsibility for HR activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function
- An employee or independent consultant within the field of HR and wish to understand the role of HR in the wider, organisational and environmental context.
The CIPD CHRP is practical work based qualification that will enable you to:
- Develop as a practitioner giving you a broad understanding of HR issues relating to individual, team and organisational development.
- Understand how HR activities support an organisation's strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives and how they are shaped by internal and external factors.
As part of the application process you will be required to complete a Diagnostic Assessment.
You will be assessed via a range of methods including written assignments (business reports, work based project and reflective statements to support individual learning plans), presentations, role plays as well your contribution to online discussion forums.
Core units (10 credits in total): 3HRC - Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources (4 Credits) 4DEP - Developing Yourself as an Effective Human Resources or Learning and Development Practitioner (4 Credits) 3RAI - Recording, Analysing and Using Human Resources Information (2 Credits)
Optional units (18 credits): 3RTO - Resourcing Talent (6 Credits) 3MER - Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations (6 Credits) 3DLA - Delivering Learning and Development Activities (6 Credits)
Please note that
- CIPD membership is paid directly to CIPD. You will need to purchase your workbook separately.
- This CIPD qualification (CHRP) is not available for candidates wishing to access 24+ loan.
Become HR generalists and specialists, L&D Advisors and partners and progress onto the Level 5 Intermediate programme.
Successful completion of the course gives you:
- An industry recognised professional qualification (CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice) which proves to employers your commitment to continuing professional development in your specialist field.
- Continued study opportunities onto higher levels of the CIPD qualifications (Level 5 CIPD Intermediate and Advanced Level 7).
- Associate membership of the CIPD (a professional badge of competence that signals to employers your ability to apply your knowledge in a business context).
You could work as an HR Generalist or specialist in the Human Resources field. Students who successfully complete the Certificate in Human Resource Practice (CHRP) can progress into human resource management and development. You could rise to middle and even senior management positions upon completion of further qualifications and experience.
You will learn in dedicated classrooms delivered by lecturers with a broad range of industry expertise using the latest technologies.
The programme is developed to meet the needs of busy professionals and incorporates group work, case studies, and scenarios from current HR Practice and guest speakers and events with unlimited support via e-mail and telephone to your programme tutors.
The programmes are delivered at our Hammersmith campus once a week evening or once or twice a month block day or weekend (Saturday).