Fees indicated are based on the current academic year (2018/19) and are subject to change next year.
For students under 19
Our courses & apprenticeships are usually free if you are 18 or under on the 31st of August 2019. Some courses have additional fees for things like materials and travel, which you will need to pay at the start of your course. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support for these costs.
For students aged 19 or over
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees. Some courses may be free, depending on your circumstances. Certain Level 3 & 4 courses require you to pay the fee in full or take out an Advanced Learning Loan to pay for your course. Please see our guide to fees for more information.
Students from outside the EU/EEA need to pay the full international fee for their course. Please note, West London College does not offer Tier 4 Visa Sponsorship for students to study in the United Kingdom.
CIPD programmes are available on a flexible basis designed to meet the needs of busy professionals and run part-time in the evening, weekends, as well as a blended learning option requiring a 50/50 split between classroom study and independent self-study via a comprehensive virtual learning environment designed and delivered by the CIPD team at West London College.
The diploma programme in HR Management (DHRM) is for you if you are:
- Aiming to develop a career in HR Management and have completed the CIPD Foundation Diploma in Human Resource Practice.
- Are working in the field of HR Management and want to extend your skills/knowledge.
- Work within an organisation where you have responsibility for implementing HR policies.
- Have been working in the field for some time and have no professionally recognised HR qualifications.
The CIPD Intermediate DHRM is practical work based qualification that will enable you to:
- Develop your understanding of and ability to apply HR concepts, theories and tools.
- Extend your knowledge and skills in creating and implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Widen your perspective of how HR fits into (and is impacted by) the wider organisational and environmental strategic context.
As part of the application process you will be required to complete a Diagnostic Assessment.
You will be assessed via a range of methods include written assignments (business reports, work based project and reflective statements to support individual learning plans), presentations, role plays as well your contribution to online discussion forums.
Units (Diploma - 44 credits | Certificate - 32 credits | Award - 3 credits) 5BIC - Business Issues and the Contexts of Human Resources (6 Credits) 5DPP - Developing Professional Practice (4 Credits) 5IHR - Using Information in Human Resources (4 Credits) 5MHR - Managing and Co-ordinating the Human Resources Function (6 Credits) 5ELW - Employment Law (6 Credits) 5HRD - Contemporary Developments in HRD (6 Credits) 5EEG - Employee Engagement 5RTP - Resourcing and Talent Planning 5IOP - Improving organisational performance
Please note that CIPD membership is paid directly to CIPD. You will need to purchase your workbook separately.
Learners who completed this course went on to become HR Managers and Business Partners and specialists and progress through to the level 7 advanced programmes or masters level at university. You could continue your studies and gain a Postgraduate certificate or diploma at CIPD Advanced Level 7.
Successful completion of the course gives you:
- An industry recognised professional qualification (CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Human Resource Management) which proves to employers your commitment to continuing professional development in your specialist field.
- Continued study opportunities onto higher levels of the CIPD qualifications or entry onto Masters level programmes at University.
- Associate membership of the CIPD (a professional indication of competence that signals to employers your ability to apply your knowledge in a business context).
You could work as an HR manager or business partner or specialist in the Human Resources field. Learners who successfully complete the diploma in Human Resource Management (DHRM) can progress into Advanced level human resource management. You could progress to middle and senior management/business partner positions upon completion of further qualifications and experience.
You will learn in dedicated classrooms delivered by lecturers with a broad range of industry expertise using the latest technologies.
The programme is developed to meet the needs of busy professionals and incorporates group work, case studies, scenarios from current HR Practice and guest speakers and events, with unlimited support via e-mail and telephone to your programme tutors.
The programmes are delivered at our Hammersmith campus once a week evening or twice a month block day or weekend (Saturday).