Fees indicated are based on the current academic year (2018/19) and are subject to change next year.
For students under 19
Our courses & apprenticeships are usually free if you are 18 or under on the 31st of August 2019. Some courses have additional fees for things like materials and travel, which you will need to pay at the start of your course. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support for these costs.
For students aged 19 or over
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees. Some courses may be free, depending on your circumstances. Certain Level 3 & 4 courses require you to pay the fee in full or take out an Advanced Learning Loan to pay for your course. Please see our guide to fees for more information.
Students from outside the EU/EEA need to pay the full international fee for their course. Please note, West London College does not offer Tier 4 Visa Sponsorship for students to study in the United Kingdom.
Our Basketball Academy Programme aims to nurture and develop the sporting talents of aspiring athletes. Our aim is to develop well-rounded athletes in terms of skills, fitness, experience, knowledge and understanding. We will provide you with the tools to progress your career in basketball in the Uk and overseas and will help you obtain a recognised qualification to facilitate your progression.
As a student-athlete on our Basketball Academy programme you will have access to the following:
- Professional coaching by qualified and experienced coaches
- 10 hours of coaching and matches per week
- Team and individual positional training sessions
- Basketball specific fitness sessions
- High level league and cup competitions
- Participation in Uk and International tournaments
- Strength and conditioning gym programme developed for each individual player
- Nutrition plan and guidance
- Accesses to fully qualified physiotherapist and sports masseuse
- Training and match kit
In addition, there will be other opportunities available to players on this programme, such as:
- End of season international tour
- Team & Individual photos Individual player game stats USA & UK Scholarships opportunities Trips to BBL league games and finals Opportunities to gain additional qualifications i.e. table officiating Support with Highlight reels Assistance with SAT preparation Partnership with Men’s teams with progression opportunities One to One mentoring drop-in sessions
Be aged 16-19
Pass a trial and academic interview
Be enrolled on one of our many full-time study programmes
Please see the website: https://www.wlc.ac.uk/courses/sports-academy for trial dates.