Fees indicated are based on the current year (August 2016 to July 2017) and are subject to change next year.
Our further education courses (Entry to Level 3) are usually free if you are 16-18 years old. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support to help with other costs associated with your course such as course materials and travel.
If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees.
If you are enrolling onto a Level 3 or 4 course and are over 19 years of age the fees may be higher and you will be required to take out an Advanced Learning Loan, please see the guide to fees for more information.
International students will be required to pay the full International course fee.
For more information, see our guide to fees.
Our Basketball Academy Programme aims to nurture and develop the sporting talents of aspiring athletes. Our aim is to develop well-rounded athletes in terms of skills, fitness, experience, knowledge and understanding. We will provide you with the tools to progress your career in basketball in the Uk and overseas and will help you obtain a recognised qualification to facilitate your progression.
As a student-athlete on our Basketball Academy programme you will have access to the following:
- Professional coaching by qualified and experienced coaches
- 10 hours of coaching and matches per week
- Team and individual positional training sessions
- Basketball specific fitness sessions
- High level league and cup competitions
- Participation in Uk and International tournaments
- Strength and conditioning gym programme developed for each individual player
- Nutrition plan and guidance
- Accesses to fully qualified physiotherapist and sports masseuse
- Training and match kit
In addition, there will be other opportunities available to players on this programme, such as:
- End of season international tour
- Team & Individual photos Individual player game stats USA & UK Scholarships opportunities Trips to BBL league games and finals Opportunities to gain additional qualifications i.e. table officiating Support with Highlight reels Assistance with SAT preparation Partnership with Men’s teams with progression opportunities One to One mentoring drop-in sessions
Be aged 16-19
Pass a trial and academic interview
Be enrolled on one of our many full-time study programmes
Please see the website; http://www.wlc.ac.uk/student-life/life/sports-academies for trial dates.