Employers time to step up 2

Employer Incentive Payments

Employers with fewer than 50 employees who take on a 16-18 year old apprentice (or 19-24) if they have an Education, Health and Care plan) will have their apprenticeship training costs fully funded by the government.

If your business has more than 50 employees, then you pay just 5% of the apprenticeship training costs, with the government funding the remaining 95%.

Additional payments of up to £1,000 will be made to all employers (regardless of size) taking on an apprentice aged 16-18 (or 19-24 if they have an Education, Health and Care plan). The first payment of £500 is made once the apprentice has been on programme for 90 days, and the remaining £500 is paid once the apprentice has completed their first year.

Employers of apprentices under the age of 25 do not pay National Insurance employer contributions for their apprentices.