The department runs short intensive IELTS courses for students who will take the exam within the next month, and also English for IELTS courses for students who need more time to prepare.
We run two main levels: IELTS Foundation for students whose level is 5.5 and below, and also IELTS Higher for students whose level is 6.0 and above.
The course aims to:
Explain the different parts of the exam and practise the skills needed
- Improve language skills to communicate effectively in written and spoken English as required in the exam
- Improve your grammar and vocabulary for IELTS
- Develop listening and reading skills as required in the exam
English for IELTS is usually studied part time and can be combined with a general English module to create a full time programme. Advice about the study programme is given during enrolment after the initial assessment.
- Intensive IELTS preparation courses take place at Hammersmith. These courses are flexible in length, ranging between 1 – 12 weeks.
- English for IELTS courses take place in the morning and in the evening, at Ealing and Hammersmith.
- Intensive IELTS courses take place in the morning, afternoon and in the evening at Hammersmith & Fulham College.
IELTS Tips classes are available on Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons. These are four –hour sessions giving a thorough overview of the exam, with advice on how to maximise your score. These take place at Hammersmith & Fulham College.