We communicate with you through various different channels, including email, on the phone, letter, and face to face. Social Media continues to become more and more accessible and we see it as a fantastic tool.
We have an excellent team of people who work on our social media accounts who will always try their best to help you.
Below are a number of points detailing our expectations and we would appreciate you respecting these when contacting us on Social Media.
What you can expect from us
- Our accounts are generally open 5 days per week for General enquiries with referral available for information, advice and guidance.
- We might need to request some feedback or escalate certain queries to a manager, so please bear with us if this happens. One of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
- If you require a detailed explanation of something that cannot be easily addressed on Social Media, or you wish to make a complaint, we might need to re-direct you so that your concerns are properly logged and dealt with.
- Although we aim to answer every question individually, there may be times when this is not possible. During this time instead of responding to individual tweets, we will focus on tweeting out the latest updates, which is a much more efficient way of keeping everyone up to date.
- We will broadcast information about projects, special events and courses to keep you informed.
What we expect from you
- Please don't get personal with members of the team on Social Media - we are all here to try and help you. We will always be courteous and respectful and we expect to be treated in the same way
- We understand that you can get frustrated when things do go wrong, but do not use foul language or be aggressive. Please stick to the topic of the post when joining the conversation. We also ask that you do not spam or deliberately disrupt a conversation. We won't tolerate this type of engagement, and the majority of our followers don't want to read inappropriate comments.
- Whilst we don't want to block anyone on Social Media, we may have to do so in certain circumstances. We will also report anyone who makes offensive comments or demonstrates inappropriate behaviour towards staff, students or members of the public via our sites in line with our Safeguarding Policy. We may also delete comments.
We are trying to ensure you have a great experience with us and look forward to seeing you and chatting with you on our accounts!
To make a compliment, complaint or suggestion or to speak to a member of the information, advice and guidance team, please visit our contact us page.