How much will my course cost?

The cost of your course includes tuition fees and an assessment fee where applicable. Where a course requires additional specialist materials, there may be additional costs. Further education courses are government funded and attract concessions for some students.

You may be eligible for a concession if:

  • You are aged between 19-23 years and are studying at Entry or Level 1, or at Level 2 or 3 for the first time. No fees to pay apart from the cost of any specialist materials or equipment used during the course, if applicable.
  • You are studying below Level 3 and are in receipt of a 'work- related' benefit such as Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) Work Related. No fees to pay apart from the cost of any specialist materials or equipment used during the course, if applicable.
  • Learners who are aged 19-23 and studying for a first full Level 3 qualification.
  • You are aged +24 and studying up to, and including, a notional Level 2, and are unemployed.
  • You are studying English and maths courses up to and including level 2 (GCSE)

International Students

If you are an International student you will be required to pay the full International course fee.

Guide to Fees 2016/17

Further Education Courses – (Entry to Level 3)

All our further education courses (Entry to Level 3) are free if you are 16-18 years old.

The only fees you may have to pay are for specialist resources and equipment and the cost of these varies depending upon the subject you are studying. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial help from the College’s Learner Support Funds. You should apply for financial support as soon as you receive your course offer letter.

If you are aged 19 or over you may be required to pay fees, see below for details.

Higher Education Courses – (Levels 4, 5, 6 and 7)

If you are a home student, you will be eligible for a student loan covering all or part of your tuition fees. 

If you are an International student, you will be required to pay the full International course fee. 

  • Higher National Certificate full time: £5400 per year.
  • Higher National Diplomas (HND): £5400 per year.

Student Loans are provided by The Student Loan Company (SLC) for assistance with tuition fees and/or maintenance. The interest that will be added to the amount borrowed is adjusted annually and is linked to the Retail Price Index.

Your student loan does not have to be repaid until you have finished your course and are earning over £21,000 per year. Your first repayment will be due in the April after you leave your course and you will be expected to pay 9% of the amount you earn above £21,000 per year or £1,750 gross a month. Any loan amount still outstanding after 30 years will be written off.

If you, or your partner, are in receipt of benefits, you should investigate how these benefit payments will be affected by your student loan.

You can apply for a Student Loan via:

Please also see our pdfHigher Education Student Contract 2018/19

Commercial and Professional Courses

For commercial and professional courses which are not Government funded and are delivered as full cost, you will be required to pay the full course fee. Certain professional courses may be funded and for these the eligibility for concessions will be as shown above.


For further information, please refer to the individual Course Information Sheets.

How Can I Pay For My Course

There are a number of options depending on your course fees: 

You can pay by cheque, cash and all major credit and debit cards with the exception of DinersClub and American Express. We do not accept Euros.

Course FeePayment schedule
Under £500 Pay in full at enrolment
£501-800 and the course is longer than 8 months 50% at enrolment and 50% by 30 November 2017 or half way through the course
Over £800 and the course is longer than 8 months 3 instalments, with the first at enrolment, the second by 30 November 2017 and the remaining balance by early 2018