Find the answers to some common questions:
How can I book to attend an Open Day / Taster Day?
Visit https://www.wlc.ac.uk/events and select the date you would like to attend an Open Day. We will send you reminders in the run up to the event.
What happens at an Open Day?
- On arrival you will receive a Course Guide from one of our Student Ambassadors and we will ensure you have registered for the event.
- If you have a specific course in mind we will guide you to the course tutor where you will be able to discuss the course in more detail, including entry requirements and course units.
- If you are unsure about which course to study we will invite you to speak to our Information, Advice and Guidance team who will be able to direct you to various courses of interest.
- Each course area will have activities taking place throughout the event.
- You will also have the opportunity to receive a conditional offer at the event.
What are the routes into university?
There are many routes into university, including studying BTEC vocational qualifications at Level 3, Apprenticeships and A Levels. If there is a specific course or university that the student wishes to apply to we always advise them to confirm what their exact entry requirements are before they choose their next steps.
When do classes take place?
Classes usually take place between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. However, the exact times will vary depending on the courses students choose to take.
Do students have free time between the classes?
There will be times when students do not have timetabled classes. However, we have extensive learning resources in our learning resource centre and other facilities on site available, which we actively encourage our students to make the most of during private study.
What entry qualifications will I need?
Each course has its own specific entry requirements listed with the details of the course on our website and in the West London College Course Guide. Contact LIS on 020 8741 1688 for further information dependent on individual circumstances.
What if students don’t get the results they need?
Don’t worry! We have Advisors available to speak to via telephone, email and by dropping in to one of our Colleges. Our West London College sites are open on Results Days for students to find out our course availability and to apply.