West London College is dedicated to ensuring that students across the region have the information they need to make informed decisions on their progression after Year 11. We have a range of activities suitable for Year 8 to Year 13 to assist with developing knowledge, inspiring and motivating students to think about their future career pathways.
Whether it is bringing a group of students to visit the college on an Open Day, enjoying practical taster sessions or our team attending your Careers events and providing informative workshops on Post 16 options, we have the tools and information to aid your students in thinking about their progression routes for post 16.
- Attendance at Careers Fairs
- Bespoke Taster Sessions
- Mock Interview Sessions
- Attendance at Speed Networking Events
- Careers Advisor Information Sessions
- Careers Presentations on specific vocational areas
- Options Decision Making Workshops. Suitable for Year 9
- Employability Skills Workshop - Looking at Transferable Skills and how these can be used within College, Apprenticeships and Employment. Suitable for Year 10/11
- Post 16 Progression Workshop – Looking at “What are A Levels, What is a BTEC, What are Apprenticeships?” Suitable for Year 10/11
- Joining College Workshop – Looking at the process from application through to first day at College. Suitable for Year 11
- Application Form Workshop - How to fill in a college application form session. Suitable for Year 11
- Exam Revision Tips Workshop. Suitable for Year 11
- Studying Higher Education at a Further Education College Workshop. Suitable for Year 11
- Parents Evenings
- Coordinating School Group attendance at Open Days
- INSET Sessions in Post 16 Options
For further information on any of the above or to book a bespoke session, get in touch!
Post-16 Options WorkshopIn our Post 16 Options workshop we look at the definitions of BTECs, A-Levels and Apprenticeships and develop an understanding around the various vocational pathways available.
Term Dates 2017/18Autumn Term: Monday 4 September - Friday 15 December
Spring Term: Wednesday 3 January - Thursday 29 March
Summer Term: Monday 16 April - Friday 6 July
For further info, please visit: https://www.wlc.ac.uk/student-life/life/term-dates
|Tuesday 26th June 2018||Southall Community College Open Day|
Find out more about applying to College here:
Interviews can be incredibly daunting, so we want to give you advice on the best way to prepare!
What pathway should I choose?
Everything you need to enrol with us!
Nervous about College? Here are some top tips:
Find the answers to some common questions:
Use our handy Careerometer to explore and compare key information about occupations that you're interested in!
Hear what schools have to say about working with us:
- Michele Biety, Fulham Cross Girls’ School
Rebecca Prowse from West London College is a great communicator. Willing to help to get the message out in any way she can. It is wonderful that she is willing to come into secondary schools to give information, advice and answer questions.
- Simone Stocks, Acton High School
Acton High School has worked with West London College to provide introductions to apprenticeships and taster sessions in some of their vocational courses. We hope to collaborate more in the future as we have always found them to be really helpful and efficient.
- Vincenza De Falco, Tomorrow’s People at Ark Burlington Danes Academy
The collaboration between Tomorrow's People at Ark Burlington Danes Academy and West London College has been incredibly valuable this year. In particular with my group of Year 11 students, allowing them to be clearer on a variety of post 16 options in Further Education and Apprenticeships and explore these in depth through taught sessions and fantastic open days and taster evenings. Rebecca has also provided comprehensive and detailed careers sessions, bespoke to my students, on a variety of different topics which has helped the students to have a clearer understanding of their future career aspirations and pathways they can take to achieve these. I look forward to the partnership continuing into the next academic year!
- Beth Curtis, Guru Nanak Sikh Academy
We have worked with West London College over the course of the academic year. Their support to our students have been fantastic. They offer a wide range of courses and have members of staff who are experts in their fields. We have had visits during assembly and careers week in which students were able to hear about courses and college life in general. We look forward to working with them next year.
- Sophie Harrowes, Hammersmith Academy
We’ve been delighted by our working relationship with West London College this year. It’s been a really creative partnership and has allowed us to fulfil our responsibilities to our students to offer impartial and excellent careers advice. WLC have a positive can-do approach to their outreach and have added real value at our next steps events for Years 11 – 13, helping our students make plans and choices about apprenticeships and vocational courses.
- Jane Pick, Gumley House Convent School
It has been wonderful to form a direct link between West London College and Gumley House Convent School this year. Our students thoroughly enjoyed the taster sessions and we look forward to returning next year.
- Chelsea, Student at Gumley House Convent School
I want to thank you for an amazing day at your college, it was really fun. I enjoyed both taster sessions in ICT and Catering. I found the virtual reality experience really fun. The catering session was great. The current West London College students helped us were really good.
- Tian, Student at Gumley House Convent School
Today, we went to West London College, it was really fun and I wish we could have stayed longer. We had our first session about virtual reality (VR). It was awesome and weird at the same time being in the VR headset! Then we went to catering, it was really fun. We made a vegetable frittata. I liked cracking the eggs. I enjoyed holding the knife and finding out how to chop with it correctly. Thank you for letting us come to your college.
- Emma Brown, Brentford School for Girls
Thank you to Rebecca Prowse, at West London College, for attending our school’s HE ‘Futures’ careers fair and for all the events information you send through to us throughout the year. We look forward to working with you more closely over the next academic year.