West London College is dedicated to ensuring that students across the region have the information they need to make informed decisions on their progression after Year 11. We have a range of activities suitable for Year 9 to Year 13 to assist with developing knowledge, inspiring and motivating students to think about their future career pathways.
Activities available for Schools
- Attendance at Careers Fairs
- Bespoke Taster Sessions
- Mock Interview Sessions
- Attendance at Speed Networking Events
- Careers Advisor Information Sessions
- Careers Presentations on specific vocational areas
- Options Decision Making Workshops. Suitable for Year 9
- Employability Skills Workshop - Looking at transferable skills and how these can be used within College, apprenticeships and employment (suitable for Years 10 & 11)
- Post-16 Progression Workshop - Looking at A-Levels, BTECs and apprenticeships (suitable for Years 10 & 11)
- Joining College Workshop – Looking at the process from application through to first day at College (suitable for Year 11)
- Application Form Workshop - How to fill in a college application form session (suitable for Year 11)
- Exam Revision Tips Workshop (suitable for Year 11)
- Studying Higher Education at a Further Education College Workshop (suitable for Year 11)
- Attendance at Parents Evenings
- Coordinating School Group attendance at Open Days
For further information on any of the above or to book a bespoke session,
Hear what schools have to say about working with us:
- Simone Stocks, Acton High School
Acton High School has worked with West London College to provide introductions to apprenticeships and taster sessions in some of their vocational courses. We hope to collaborate more in the future as we have always found them to be really helpful and efficient.
- Vincenza De Falco, Tomorrow’s People at Ark Burlington Danes Academy
The collaboration between Tomorrow's People at Ark Burlington Danes Academy and West London College has been incredibly valuable this year. In particular with my group of Year 11 students, allowing them to be clearer on a variety of post 16 options in Further Education and Apprenticeships and explore these in depth through taught sessions and fantastic open days and taster evenings. Rebecca has also provided comprehensive and detailed careers sessions, bespoke to my students, on a variety of different topics which has helped the students to have a clearer understanding of their future career aspirations and pathways they can take to achieve these. I look forward to the partnership continuing into the next academic year!
- Beth Curtis, Guru Nanak Sikh Academy
We have worked with West London College over the course of the academic year. Their support to our students have been fantastic. They offer a wide range of courses and have members of staff who are experts in their fields. We have had visits during assembly and careers week in which students were able to hear about courses and college life in general. We look forward to working with them next year.
- Sophie Harrowes, Hammersmith Academy
We’ve been delighted by our working relationship with West London College this year. It’s been a really creative partnership and has allowed us to fulfil our responsibilities to our students to offer impartial and excellent careers advice. WLC have a positive can-do approach to their outreach and have added real value at our next steps events for Years 11 – 13, helping our students make plans and choices about apprenticeships and vocational courses.
- Jane Pick, Gumley House Convent School
It has been wonderful to form a direct link between West London College and Gumley House Convent School this year. Our students thoroughly enjoyed the taster sessions and we look forward to returning next year.
- Chelsea, Student at Gumley House Convent School
I want to thank you for an amazing day at your college, it was really fun. I enjoyed both taster sessions in ICT and Catering. I found the virtual reality experience really fun. The catering session was great. The current West London College students helped us were really good.
- Tian, Student at Gumley House Convent School
Today, we went to West London College, it was really fun and I wish we could have stayed longer. We had our first session about virtual reality (VR). It was awesome and weird at the same time being in the VR headset! Then we went to catering, it was really fun. We made a vegetable frittata. I liked cracking the eggs. I enjoyed holding the knife and finding out how to chop with it correctly. Thank you for letting us come to your college.
- Chrissy Humphrys, The Green School Trust
"It is great to work with a forward thinking and vibrant college. The West London College team are always on hand and eager to liaise with schools, deliver workshops and organise bespoke activities."